Danquah Group provides training, research and management support to help organizations deliver their strategic objectives. We provide services to help clients navigate the complex challenges and risk in business operations, project management and organizational processes. We employ tools, analysis, and techniques to help our clients deliver better results and better performances.
Danquah Group is seeking an Associate Cost Consultant to work with its Capital Projects division. The candidate must have familiarity with the construction industry. Prior experience with heavy civil, Transit programs and other transportation projects will be a plus. The candidate must have good communication skills, analytical and willingness to seek certification in their area of services. The candidate will assist Senior consultants and partners deliver cost consulting services to clients in the EPC industry.
- Provide estimating assistance to senior cost consultants by providing estimate take-off, conducting pricing research and coordinating estimating teams and deliverables
- Interpret construction and Engineering
- Able to collect and analyses construction market data
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analyses of large capital project including rail, roadways and other heavy civil projects.
- Demonstrated exposure to all aspects of the project delivery process
- Interfacing with vendors and subcontractors
- Develop and maintain customer relationships throughout the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management. Civil Engineering, Economics, Building Technology
- 2-year work experience is required, and applicant must be fast learner of our estimating systems, procedures and processes.
- Proven ability to work independently under remote supervision with project managers, consultants and Partners.
- Eligible to obtain AACE certification as a Certified Estimating Professional, Certified Cost Engineer (CCE), Certified Cost Consultant (CCC), or ASPE certification as a Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) within one year, highly desired.
- Construction management background highly preferred, must understand construction sequencing and ability to detail work break down structures (WBS)
- Ability to coordinate the objectives of all stakeholders towards a positive outcome
- Hands-on computer skills and ability to interpret CAD drawings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment